Sunday, February 10, 2013

It Would be Easier if They Told Us

My Marine sometimes thinks I know stuff or I was born knowing.  Well, I have news for you pal, we do not.  All his years in the Marines have turned him into thinking that everybody is like him or lives in his same circumstances.  I once read a "don't tread your Marine as a civilian" (I may have changed that a bit).  Well, nothing more true than that.  My days of getting mad for not getting a call when he said he was going to, or not knowing from him in days are gone...who? me? I would not tolerate that! yes, that was the old me.

Im just saying WE NEED TRAINING TOO.  The same way they go on bootcamp we should go to, haha at last a: DON'T LOOSE YOUR MIND CAMP.  There are a lot of things I've learned on a web, by reading from other girls, things that I then ask him and he clarifies but I think to myself: gee, you could of told me that and save me tons of angriness, despair and concern.  For example, while he was deployed I asked him: is it true that while on deployment you could go on a mission for weeks and that  you could be uncommunicated? he looked to the skies and said: yes baby.  What in the heavens?! that would be good to know you know? if your man is on deployment you would certainly want to know THAT was a possibility.

Now every time something is going to happen: he is taking a leave, he is driving to a new school, whatever, I tell him: baby, give me training.  Meaning: give me some of your minutes and walk me through this, tell me what is going to happen, for how long I could not hear from you, can I write or call...that kind of stuff.

And even though, I always feel unprepared :(

No comments:

Post a Comment